Friday, December 8, 2017

Floater System

                Years ago when I started fantasy basketball, it did not take me long to understand that a floater system was needed to maximize my plays each week to give me the best chance of winning week in and week out.... The floater system is simply this: Having a few players that you are willing to drop day in and day out to gain extra plays with the 7 acquisitions you are giving each week. Pretty simple right? WRONG! Sometimes it is not that simple... I like to think that if a guy is averaging 14 or more then he can stay on my roster for a bit. But sometimes all of your players are averaging 14 or more. And in that case you have 2 options... The easiest option is the band-aid method were you just drop a guy quick and fast like a band-aid, don't take to long because it could hurt, just do it quickly lol. The other option, the fun option, is to make a 2 for 1 trade. But trading is very tough to do. That is another blog post for a different day lol... It is very important that we have at least 2 floaters each week to maximize our plays. If you can get to 40 plays with just one floater then that is OK to. But if you are able to get 43 or more plays in a week then I would say you would win about 80% of the time....
I have scanned everyone's rosters and found all the floaters and I will list them down below here shortly.

A floater could really be determined in several ways. Sometimes it is as easy as looking at the last 15 days and seeing if they are averaging 14 or more and if there not, then drop them for a play.... Did you know that there are 31 guys on all of our rosters that are averaging less then 14.0 a match over the span of L15 .... But there are 7 free agents that are averaging over that mark.... 
1. Faried  17.8
2. Stein  15.0
3. Poelti  14.6
4. VanVleet  14.6
5. Powell  14.2
6. Holiday  14.1
7. Valentine  14.0

Now Faried is the only one on waivers and I would suspect that he will get waived. Probably by Matt because he seems to use his waiver more then any of us(props to you Matt on that). 
But out of those 31 on our rosters who are averaging less then 14. I would have to say that only 15 of them are floater worthy...I say that because some of these guys averages on the season kind of trump there 15 day average. For example Gobert for Nathan is averaging just 11.7 the last 15 days but on season is 20.5, know way Nate should drop him... I want to show you guys the 16 players who are playing under there potential at the moment and should either be traded, dropped or just simply prayed for in hopes they bounce back very soon.... Dropping any of these guys would actually be really tough I would think. 

                 Last 15-----Season
   1. Gobert  11.7-----20.5
 2. Sabonis  12.9-----17.0
3. Fournier  13.3-----16.3
    4. Mello  11.9-----16.0
    5. Gortat  11.9-----15.8
     6. Lamb  11.9-----15.8
   7. Collins  13.7-----15.8
    8. Dragic  11.7-----15.8
   9. Kuzma  13.5-----15.8
     10. RHJ  13.0-----15.6
11. Hardaway  11.3-----15.6
12. Markkanen  12.4-----15.3
         13. Ball  13.8-----14.6
    14. Aminu  10.0-----14.5
    15. Randle  12.6-----14.4
16. J. Johnson  12.1-----14.3


Now based on what I have just showed you, I will list every team and how many floaters they have. But please keep in mind that I am just listing the number of players you have on each team that are averaging less then 14.0 over the last 15 days.... Some of them guys would be tough to drop. But perhaps some of them should be taken a long hard look at to see if they should stick around on your squad....I am only showing everyone this in hopes that it helps people make moves and to understand that it is OK to drop certain guys. Sometimes we all get to attached to a guy and it brings are average and even win total down. I like to think that I am good at dropping guys who don't play well for me... I am a what you done for me lately kind of owner lol......Example though would be Eric Gordon, sorry Todd, that is just first thing that came to mind. Todd should of dropped him weeks ago. But he finally dropped him today so congrats lol. 

Todd
1. Ball  13.8
2. Brogdon  13.2
3. Moore  13.1
---------------------

Eric
1. Ingles  13.7
2. Ariza  12.6
-----------------------

Nathan
1. Collins  13.7
2. RHJ  13.0
3. Mills  12.3
4. Lamb  12.0
5. Gortat  11.9
6. Gobert  11.7
-----------------------

Ritter
1. Okafor  0.0
-----------------------

Matt
1. Randle  12.6
2. Dragic  11.7
3. Ulis  10.5
------------------------

Danny
1. Fournier  13.3
2. Sabonis  12.9
------------------------

Kapper
1. Wiggins  13.8
2. Sefolosha  12.9
3. Hardaway jr  11.3
----------------------------

Duke
1. Valanciunas  12.2
2. Rubio  11.1
3. B.Lopez  8.2
---------------------------

Gher
1. Kuzma  13.5
2. Markkanen  12.4
3. J.Johnson  12.1
4. Portis  11.5
-----------------------------

Dalton
1. J.Green  13.0
2. Mello  11.9
3. Batum  11.2
4. Markieff Morris  11.1
5. Aminu  10.0
-------------------------------

Hope this helps a few of you out and if it doesn't then thanks for reading it anyway lol


No comments:

Post a Comment